At Breac.House we have developed a sustainable business model to reduce the negative impact our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community. This ethos has become our way of life. Horn Head is a Special Area of Conservation (SAC) under the EU Habitats Directive and we feel a strong responsibility to minimize our impact and the impact of our guests on this beautiful place.
We aim to create memorable experiences and escapes that don’t cost the Earth, and we intend to constantly improve our sustainability measures as our business grows and develops.
- We source responsibly, supporting the best of Irish makers, especially small local producers, where possible.
- We aim to reduce our landfill waste year-on-year.
- We have a target to reduce our carbon footprint year-on-year.
- Our heating and hot water is provided by an Airsource pump
- We have implemented a rainwater harvesting system